Accounting is great, though it primarily looks backward to report how things went last month or last year. Our outsourced finance services support your need to plan, forecast and manage for the future. Use our finance services when you want help using accounting reports and data to run your business. This is all this guided by our founder Cal Wilder who was told that his monthly Operating Review package was the best ever produced by anyone at Staples.
Outsourced Finance Services
We help you plan and analyze to get results.
- Custom scorecards and dashboards
- Leading and lagging indicators
- Industry-specific metrics
While companies in similar industries may have well established metrics, every client is different and we work to create the most meaningful metrics report based on your specific needs.
Budgeting and forecasting
- Create annual budgets
- Maintain monthly and full-year forecasts
- Actual vs. budget/goal reporting and variance analysis
Budgeting and forecasting is a higher-level management tool. Some founders with numbers skills may be able to perform this function in the early years of their business, though at some stage in their development all entrepreneurs need help with this.
Custom analysis and projects
- Custom analysis and reporting based on the individual needs of your business
- Sales compensation plan design
- Pricing models
- Capital raising (equity and debt)
- Board of Directors reporting
- Merger and Acquisition support
SmartBooks senior staff can deliver some of these services internally. We also maintain a network of CFO consultants who can help with specific needs which are more advanced than SmartBooks can deliver with our in-house staff.