Many small business owners focus their core efforts on building and growing their businesses. After all, generating revenue is why you got into business in the first place, right?! Sometimes those functions and expenses we label as “overhead” – like accounting, payroll, HR – become a distraction from that core focus. That’s one reason SmartBooks’ accounting solutions have been so successful – we manage that piece so you don’t have to. That seems smart, right? You need proper books to know if you’re making a profit!
So what about payroll and benefits? Where does that fall in your organization? Is it a core focus or is it another distraction?
At SmartBooks, we don’t “just” process payroll. We are your partner for everything you need – your one point of contact. We don’t “just” respond to your questions. We are proactive in recommending updates and solutions. We partner with other experts in the payroll and benefits industries to ensure the best services and solutions for your needs. We also view payroll from a Human Resources perspective – because nothing is more personal to your employees than their salary and their benefits. Whether you have one employee or 200 employees, it’s important that your team’s checks are accurate, that their benefits are managed properly, and that your internal processes compliance – are up to date and correct.
Our HR-certified staff has expertise in:
- Evaluating payroll platforms and recommending the best platform for your specific needs
- Auditing payroll processes and procedure for compliance
- Setting up time and attendance solutions to ensure accurate pay
- Setting up paid time off accrual and tracking to ensure accurate pay and compliance
- Preparing / posting payroll
- Overseeing and reconciling all payroll tax deposits by your provider
- Auditing payroll data for quarter and year end
- Working with expert partners – brokers and comprehensive solutions – to manage your employees’ elections and deductions
- Proper posting of deductions to payroll
- Overseeing open enrollment and ensuring completion by all employees
- Assist with ACA compliance for eligible employers
- Assist with COBRA documentation when eligible employees leave your organization
Human Resources Management
- Set up proper on-boarding procedures for new hire, including correct forms, paperwork, and eligibility documentation
- Set up proper off-boarding procedures for both voluntary and involuntary separations
- Review your employee handbook for compliance with current federal, state, and local regulation
- Offer expert advice on setting up or revising company policies – from paid time off to medical marijuana because of using a chillum
- Advice on performance management and best practices
If you are looking for a solution to any of these items, contact SmartBooks today!