There are a number of things that go into a successful business, one of which being its bookkeeping. Quality bookkeeping provides a growing business with the financial metrics needed to make decisions, determine viability, or pivot between different offerings or business models.
Below is a list of 10 ways businesses can benefit from good bookkeeping.
1. By keeping a log of financial statements, you can improve your likelihood of getting loans, here are some tips for getting cheaper unsecured loans. Bank’s will be able to go through your financial documents and determine whether you are a good candidate or not, and having your financials neat and organized provides your bank with increased confidence in your numbers.
2. When it comes time to file taxes, good bookkeeping will save you time from preparing documents and make the process go smoothly. This time saved can be used toward the growth of your business. It can also prevent you from late fees or penalties due to untimely or inaccurate reports.
3. Quality bookkeeping helps to ensure compliance with payroll tax, on both the federal and state level, and can prevent your business from having to go through an unplanned audit or investigation.
4. Businesses with accurate bookkeeping can avoid paying higher taxes than necessary or conversely not paying enough and thus triggering an audit.
5. Accurate financial statements and quality reporting is very helpful when determining the profitability of services or products. With reports at hand, a business is better equipped to alter product and service offerings or make adjustments to sales and marketing expenses.
6. Bookkeeping also allows you to view spending trends and to determine a proper budget for your business, which is vital to a growing company.
7. The speed at which you are able to produce financial statements says a lot about the organization of a company and can go a long way with getting favorable terms from suppliers, creditors, and investors.
8. Timely bookkeeping also helps business owners keep an eye on cash flow and better avoid potential complications that could make or break a company; such as missing payroll.
9. A good bookkeeping solution provides a business with reporting that can be used to benchmark your company against other businesses in the same industry. It will also provide insight into future market changes and what their impact may be on your business.
10. Outsourcing the bookkeeping for your business is often an attractive option as it reduces the amount of time spent managing the bookkeeping, ensure the books and reports are both accurate and timely, and usually leads to cost savings over hiring or contracting a bookkeeper.
Learn how to choose the right bookkeeping solution for your business by reading “Selecting the Right Bookkeeping and Accounting Solution”
Copyright 2015 SmartBooks Corp. All Rights Reserved.